Onslow Fitness Policies
Based on updated recommendations from the CDC, Governor Cooper, and our state and local health departments, Onslow Fitness is temporarily suspending all member access and activities.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and in an overabundance of caution we are implementing the following precautions:
- Onslow Fitness will use hospital-grade disinfectant to deep clean equipment and communal spaces on a more frequent schedule. Additionally, hospital-grade hand soap will be used in the restrooms and locker room areas.
- All members will be required to use a personal towel while in the steam room and sauna.
- Members are encouraged to use personal towels as a barrier on benches and seats throughout the club and on the weight room floor.
- Members are encouraged to use hand sanitizer immediately after entering the club.
- Members are asked to refrain from club use when exhibiting signs of contagious illness.
Effective March 16th:
- Group Fitness: We will no longer supply community yoga mats for group fitness classes. We encourage you to purchase and use your own mat whether it be for group fitness participation or to place over the thicker fitness mats on the gym floor.
- Personal Training: All personal training clients will be asked to bring a personal mat to use for training.
As always, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed and taking personal precautions.
Everyday preventive actions include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend that people who are well to wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
Our primary commitment and focus at all times is the health and safety of the Onslow Fitness Family, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments.
Fill out the form so we know what we can do for you!